A Little Sweetness

Hayden was a colossal jerk today...to put it as nicely as possible.  Ham was a jerk yesterday.  On the bright side they are taking turns.  In fact, I muted the TV as I was writing this just to hear other peoples kids being jerks so I could take comfort in knowing that we aren't the only ones in the neighborhood whose kids are jerks.

In the car today on the way to pick up Pax's new dresser I had the unfortunate pleasure of riding with Hayd and Ham.  Jed drove with Pax and Park.  We did a dual pick up because the Craigslist seller gave me a weird vibe.  Turns out she's just a mom that's scared of selling stuff online.  Hello, garage sale, or as they call it out here rummage sale. 

But I digress.  Hayd and Ham fight like an old married couple.  Seriously.  They says things just to push the others buttons.  For example in the car today:

Ham:  Haydee Baby, not a good girl.
Hayd:  Haydee Baby IS a good girl!
Ham:  No.
Hayd:  YES, I AM!
Ham:  No!
Hayd:  MOM!  Ham, say I bad girl.  I not, I good girl! (tears ensue)
Ham:  No!  You not!

And on and on and on until I want to pull the car over, put it in park and just walk away like I don't know those kids.  After the dresser pick up I made Jed trade vehicles.  On the way home the boys wondered why Francheca's volume was loud enough for the next to us to hear the direction she was giving us.  Francheca is my Google Maps name.  She's Francheca Beaverhausen to be exact and she HAS to be loud so I can hear her directions over Hayd and Ham's bickering.

To make up for their assholery Hayd and Ham ended the day with a little sweetness.

Drinking milk in the kitchen before bedtime like big kids...because sippy cups are awful and leak and get lost everywhere...so I got rid of them.

Giving BIG smiles because they are ridiculous

Then I got called downstairs for this one.  Jed said, "Mommy, come look at this.  They did it on their own."  I could only imagine the disaster that awaited me but instead I found this:

Sweetness

They had snuggled up together in our bed to watch a show.  Jed said this was after they voluntarily told each other "I love you" and hugged.  The day would go a lot smoother if they were this nice to each other all the time.

Comments