Immediate Regrets And Caution Tape

Sometimes, when I feel that life isn't crazy or hectic enough, I say things like, "Hey, kids!  You want to do something I'll probably regret?"  Their answer is always a resounding, "Yes!!"

Ages ago I bought a stamp set for like $3 at JoAnne Etc.  It came with a few colored stamp pads and about a billion little stamps.  I found the set when I was reorganizing the kitchen cupboards to maximize efficiency.  The Boys had done the stamps before but the Little Kids had always been to small.  Now they aren't so today we did stamps.

Stamping it up
Ham-stamp-wich

Pax, almost always happy to pose for a picture

After a while Parker asked if I was regretting this activity.  Amazingly enough it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  Five seconds after I turned them loose with this project I imagined ink streaked handprints all over my freshly painted kitchen/living room walls.  Surprisingly they contained the mess to their fingers and table. Turns out I did not regret this decision since it kept them busy for quite a while.

Parker

This is Parker stamping it up in his men's size medium construction t-shirt, complete with reflective safety stripes.  On Sunday Parker and I went to Home Depot to pick out paint for his new dresser (pictures forthcoming).  Along the drive home there were several rummage sales we stopped at.  The first sale had a partially used roll of "Caution" tape that he really wanted.  At the bargain price of 50 cents how could I not get it for him?  (Parker asked me on the way home if Grandpa would be impressed with this good deal, I told him for sure he would be.) 

At that same sale Park scoped out the construction shirt but I told him it was ridiculously huge for him so he couldn't get it.  Apparently the home owner saw Parker eyeing the shirt because when Park went to pay the man (I give the kids the money but I make them pay whoever is running the sale...it builds people skills) he told him the shirt is only 50 cents as well.  (I'm not sure if that was the actually price or just the price he was giving Parker)  You should have seen the, "Please, Mom" look in that kids eyes when he heard the shirt was ONLY 50 cents.  Both Park and Pax have that look down to an art.  As you can tell from the picture I forked over another 50 cents.  The shirt came home with us and he has hardly taken it off since.  An added feature of the shirt is that it is so long he doesn't have to wear pants which is fine by me.  Less laundry to do later.

Comments