Thrifty Thursday

The thrift store and Craigslist finds around here are AMAZING.  Here's what I've been collecting.

First up, Parkers dresser I found on Craigslist:

Parker's Applejack Orange dresser

I liked this one for Parker because it solves 2 problems; he needs a place for his clothes and a place for his toys.  He is constantly bitching about needing storage.  This little gem takes care of both his problems.  I should have taken "before" pictures because it was originally white and blue.  I thought Park would want me to paint it pink or purple but he surprised me by wanting it painted the color of Applejack from My Little Pony.  A $5 sample jar of paint from Home Depot got the job done.

Second, is our dresser from the same Craigslist seller as Park's dresser:

Tall retro dresser

Look at that slanted front, isn't it sexy?  Do you see those cool handles?  They don't make furniture like that any more.  It's water rings and spill marks make it a prime candidate for being painted an obnoxious color.

Then I bought this dresser for Paxton from a Craigslist seller.

Boring for now but it won't be for long

It's small and sturdy.  At $25 it's a great deal.  Paxton wants to paint it Kelly Green.  We'll be tackling this project soon.

Next, I scored this coffee table from yet another Craigslist seller. I love it because it matches the $6 end tables and the $2 end tables I found.

Mid Century surfboard coffee table

As if I didn't have enough dressers in the garage in process or waiting to be painted, I bought this dresser at my favorite thrift store yesterday.

Hey there beautiful

It was just calling out to me.  "Buy me!  Fix me!  Paint me a horrid color!"  At $15 I couldn't pass it up.  It has just enough knicks and dings to warrant painting. I can't wait to see what ridiculous color I pick.

And last, I bought these, again, at the 1/2 price store.

Ikea Trones shoe storage

You are looking at 2 wall mounted shoe storage containers.  They hold tons of kid shoes which helps solve our tiny coat closet problem.  These are regularly $40 for a 3 pack at Ikea.  I got them for $3 total.

All this furniture only cost us $188.  Not too shabby.

I stopped by the thrift store today and there is an all metal vintage dresser calling my name.  It's a good thing I don't have a truck because if I did it would be in my garage right now.  Did I mention tomorrow is 1/2 price furniture at that store...?

Comments