Why We Made the Switch

No, we didn't switch to decaf.  God help us if we accidently bought decaf.  We'd be making a midnight run to the store if that ever happened.  When we moved here we switched from our single cup coffee maker to the original pot of caffeine goodness.

I run on caffeine, chaos and cuss words.
That about sums up my life.  Thanks for the mug Aunt Kay.

Here's why we made the switch.  Jed will be on a swing shift soon so he will be home in the morning.  2 adults + morning + 4 kids = need lots of coffee.  It's simple math really.  Over the past several years of owning the trendy single cup brewer we've found it to be kind of a slow pain in the ass.  Well, it's not a pain if you buy the little cups (which we didn't because, hello, expensive) but it is slower than if you just pour a hot cup from the pot.  And when you barely have time to take a morning whiz every second counts when dispensing morning caffeine.

What happened to our old single cup brewer?  Well, it's been 2 weeks now and the switch has gone undetected so I feel like I can spill the beans.  Our old single cup brewer is sitting on Mom's counter*.  Where her old one used to sit. 

When I stayed at Mom's house (while they were on vacation in Alaska) with the kids before our big move (thanks again Mom and Dad) I discovered that their single cup brewer was loud and slow as molasses.  I mean, the first time I used it the sound that came out of the machine likened to that of a whales mating call.  I had to check the lake to see if Shamu had moved in over night.  She didn't, she died in 1971 according to Wikipedia.  That's a fact I had time to Google while I was waiting 5 minutes for my cup of coffee to finish because did I mention it was slow as molasses?  I think I did. 

So that's the other switch I made.  If you have some sort of undying love for you old machine, Mom, it's in the garage on Dad's side, bottom shelf of the wire rack.  I thought about buying a new machine for Father's Day but that would have been way too easy.  And besides, this was way more funny.

*Turns out Katie bought Dad a new brewer for Father's Day...which is why the switch went undetected.  They only used our old one a few mornings.  I'm not sure if this new bit of information makes this story more or less funny.

Comments