Drink Wisconsinbly

I have to take a minute to talk about the drinking around here.  And by drinking I mean alcohol.  People out here drink everywhere.  EVERYWHERE.  Here are some places I've seen people drinking in the past 4 weeks:

-In the parking lot of a restaurant waiting to get a table.
-At the county park beach. 
-Golfers sitting in folding chairs with coolers in the parking lot before and after a round of golf.
-Walking down the sidewalk in a county park with a pint of beer.
-Tailgate baseball games like people in Michigan tailgate college football games.
-A guy at the playground drinking a beer with his 2 dogs, VERY pregnant wife and 3 yr old son*
-Bloody Mary's in solo cups at the 4th of July parade.
-Glass bottles of beer at the 4th of July parade...they should have had cans...everyone knows how I feel about glass bottles outdoors.

Jed and I have decided there must be a 2 bar minimum per city block law in effect in this state.  Just about everywhere around here you can just be driving down a residential block when there will be a bar in a house.  Like, instead of the living room there is a bar for people to drink at.  I haven't seen people coming or going from these places but I can only imagine.  It's crazy

The name of this beer is Fantasy

Then there are these things called "Beer Gardens" which could mean a fancy outdoor drinking area at a restaurant or just some guy in a park with a pop-up canopy, folding chair and a rolling cooler of ice cold beer.  The last one is referred to as a "Traveling Beer Garden."  Sounds more upscale that way.

The following scenario happened when we first moved here:

Jed:  (Pours beer into a solo cup)
Me:  ??
Jed:  What?
Me:  You're going to drink a beer on a walk around the neighborhood with your kids?
Jed:  It's Wisconsin, it's expected.

Sure enough, not a single person gave us the side-eye about his drink.  I have since banned this activity because I find it to be trashy.

I saw a guy on the news wearing a "Drink Wisconsinbly" t-shirt and now that I've witnessed some of the drinking that goes on around here I totally get the meaning of his shirt.  So next time you see me I might be drinking wisconsinbly.

*I did not tell Jed about the guy at the playground because he'd be jealous and he'd start taking drinks on walks again.

Comments