Lake Glass Creations

I did another dumb thing.  I promised The Boys we could make necklaces out of the lake glass we've been collecting at the beach.  So they've been hounding me about it for weeks or maybe just days. Everything is a blur when they are griping at me about something.  What's even worse is that I promised they could make necklaces for the Michigan friends that have written to them which, lucky for me is only 2 so far.

After stops at 2 different stores to collect supplies and sore fingers from bending wires, here are our creations.

From top to bottom: Paxton, Hayden, Parker, Hamilton

I let the boys pick the pieces they wanted to use for their necklace and their friends.  I used Hayden's big red piece and I picked a random piece for Hamilton because he doesn't really care as long as he's included.  It's hard to tell from the picture but Parker's piece is the u-shaped top of a brown bottle.



Paxton's piece has some very faded letters or numbers on it but again, hard to tell in photos.



The pieces that they picked for their Michigan friends are cool too but The Boys squirreled them away before I could take a picture.  I was surprised that they chose some of the very best pieces to send.  One piece is old safety glass, the kind with the wire embedded in it.  The other piece is blue with a bumpy pattern on it.  I'm pretty proud of them for picking such great pieces to give away.

Speaking of giving away, I don't want to spoil it, but Happy Birthday Katie!!  Your necklace, earrings, ankle bracelet, rings and matching lake glass tiara is in the mail.  Did I mention we have A LOT of lake glass??

Comments