First Day at New School

The boys started 2nd grade at their new school today.

Parker is super thrilled

This year was a bit different than last year not just because we're in a new city.  This year we did not buy new back packs, new shoes, new clothes, etc. etc.  We bought nothing special for the new year.  And you know what?  The boys survived the day without all that stuff.  In fact, they didn't even care about any of these things.

In the past we bought character backpacks that always fell apart.  Pax went through 2 backpacks last year alone.  This year they are carrying the camo backpacks Katie got them years ago for camping.  I figure if those things can last this long they'll make it until I can find a good deal on JanSport backpacks.  I still have my JanSport from high school so that's what the boys are getting.

I did not break out new shoes for their first day because the shoes they have still fit.  I have the next size up for when they do grow over night but until then the old shoes are fine.

As we were standing in line to get into the school this morning I noticed Parker's shirt had a hole in the sleeve.  Real nice for the first day but he wanted to wear his Tigers shirt today hole or not.

Overall the boys had a good day first day.  They both received "Gator Got-cha's" which is equal to a Creek slip rewarded for good behavior.  Paxton received his for sitting quietly at his desk while all the other kids were being noisy, not a surprise since Pax is such a butt kiss people pleaser.  Parker received his for doing his morning work quietly while all the other kids were talking, no surprise since this kid treats school like his JOB.  I'm proud of them for doing so well.

We went from school straight to the beach.  Parker had asked me this morning if we could go to the beach after school.  After a 86 degree afternoon I thought what the hell, why not end a first day at the beach?

Setting another log free into Lake Michigan

Comments