We Have A Ghost

I am furious.

Me:  WHO TURNED ON THE MINGO LIGHTS AGAIN?!?
Paxton:  Not me!  Not me! Not me!
Me:  PARKER!!!
Parker:  Not me, Mom!  I didn't do it!  I didn't even go in their room!  It wasn't me!

I'm getting The Little Kids ready for bed.  When I go into their room the battery operated flamingo string lights have already been turned on.  AGAIN.  When the lights are on BEFORE we go into the room it causes the Little Kids to pitch fits which means the rest of the bedtime routine does not go well.  This has happened many nights in a row which is why I am so mad.




Two nights ago I put the switch up high enough so The Littles couldn't get to it because, I mean who are we kidding, they could very well be the ones causing the problem in the first place.  With the lights up high it meant the culprit had to be tall enough to reach the lights.  Since I didn't do it and Jed was at work the only suspects left would be Pax and Park.

Me:  Seriously guys?!?  Nobody is going to fess up to this?!?

I must admit The Boys did not look guilty.  In fact, Parker is on the verge of tears which is a good indication that he is being accused of something he did not do.  Pax can't keep a secret for longer than 6 seconds so I know he didn't do it either.

Me:  So we have a ghost?  You guys didn't turn on the lights?  So, a ghost must have done it, right?  That's the only explanation.
Pax/Park:  (Blank stares)
Me:  Really, guys?  You'd rather commit to the fact that we have a ghost in this house than admit that one of you turned on the lights?
Pax:  Yeah, it must be a ghost.
Park:  It could be a ghost.
Me:  Really?  That's how you're going to play this?  We have a ghost.  Ok, at least that's settled.  We have a ghost.

Later Pax asked if the lights could have been left on all day.  I had thought of that but the lights have 2 settings: ON and ON for 6 hours.  I always use the latter.  The night before when I checked on The Littles the lights were so dim I was amazed they were even still on.  There was no way the batteries would have lasted until morning let alone the following night.

So we have a ghost.  That's our story and the boys are sticking to it.

Comments