No Trick-or-Treating

This is the first year the kids have not gone trick-or-treating on Halloween.  Our town, like many others around here, does it the weekend before which has been a weird adjustment for us.  It also makes the actual day of Halloween anti-climatic.  But the month of October was filled with other Halloween events.

First, we had Spooktacular at the zoo.  There were pumpkins, candy and spooky displays set up everywhere.  This is just one of them:
Any guess which kid was being a shit for pictures?

Second, was the boys "Harvest Fest" parade followed by trunk-or-treating.  All the kids in the school got dressed up in their costumes and had a parade around the block.  When it was over Hayden said, "That was amazing!"

Ready for Trunk-or-treat

This is what happens when I tell him to smile

The third and final event was our town's trick-or-treating.  We were lucky and got a nice day for it. 

Dressed for the main event

My little Boo girl

Every time I painted the kids face Hayd INSISTED on having blood by her mouth, I have no idea why.  And every time I painted faces Ham did NOT want paint.  As much as I like the month of October I'm glad it's over...wrestling kids in and out of costumes is a lot of work.

Comments