Major Award

I received a major award for my 39th birthday.

Major Award

I didn't even have a speech prepared.  That's a lie, I always have a speech prepared, you know, just in case.  Here's the speech:

"I'd like to say that I was surprised to receive this award but since I found it online and ordered it myself I was definitely not surprised.  I'd like to thank Pax and Park for wrapping this award and believing that it was Jed's idea to present this to me when in fact I haven't been too quiet about wanting this award for years.  I'd also like to shame Jed for forgetting to wrap the lamp shade part even though it was sitting on top of the box that had the leg in it right next to the wrapping paper I also laid out.  In addition I'd like to thank my family, my friends, and my fans.  Above all I'd like to thank myself.  I've some how managed to make it around the sun 39 times without getting myself killed or incarcerated.  Without my efforts I wouldn't be here today to receive this major award."

Glorious

Our new house has the perfect window to display such a prestigious award.  I love it.  The kids love it*.  I'm not sure how the neighbors feel but I'm sure we'll be the talk of the town...or maybe just our street.

Not only did I receive a major award for my birthday I also had cake and bacon for breakfast.  If that's not starting another year out right I don't know what is. 

Last year this picture was taken:

38 I'd like to say it was great but really it was just awful hectic

The Boys picked out this years birthday cake based on last years and wanted to recreate the picture.


This is what 39 looks like at 8am

The Boys even made me find the same shirts we were wearing last year.  Notice the 38th picture on the bulletin board in the background?  What you don't see in the 39th picture is that there is only half a cake there.  The Boys failed to mention their picture recreation plan until after they hogged down half the cake.  Thanks to camera angle I think we pulled it off pretty well.




Here's all the kids.

Picture taking with 4 kids, super fun

Right about now is where I'm supposed to reflect fondly on the past 39 years and talk profoundly about the future.  In reality I'm just hoping to make it one more time around the sun without getting myself killed or incarcerated.

*The Boys love this lamp so much they told their teachers about it.  One of the teachers had no idea what they were talking about.  So now she thinks we're a weird family that likes body part lamps.  She's obviously not familiar with the classic holiday movie "A Christmas Story" despite this year being the 35th anniversary.  For the record if you are reading this and do not know what this major award means then we are no longer friends.

Comments