Birthday Blah

These little lunatics turned 3.


The boys turned 8 last week, but they're 8, old news.


Those are the cakes I spent hours making on MY birthday to have ready for their birthday when we came back from Michigan.  I learned a couple of things while making cakes instead of drinking beer and watching tv like I wanted to on MY birthday.  1. If you're making anything fancier than a sheet cake it takes forever.  FOR.  EVER.  2.  The boys didn't care about the cake they just liked the toy on top.  So much for trying to go the extra Mom mile.  At least it was a learning experience for me.

Here are the fancy cakes that Grandma made the kids when we visited Michigan:



Since this family has 5 birthdays in 2 weeks Ham was all Birthday-ed out by the time we got to his.  "NO PRESENTS!  NO CAKE!  NOOO!!"  We did have 10 cakes in 2 weeks so I don't blame the little guy.


Note that those are store bought.  I couldn't get the cakes out of the containers without ruining them, hell, I barely got them home without ruining them.  $4 total for both at Walmart and I got to watch tv and drink beer.  Win win.

It's hard to believe we can go from this...

The Boys have no idea what they are in for...neither did Jed and I

...to me wanting to water-board Hayd if she asks me for another drink of water AFTER I put her to bed.  I mean seriously, isn't 2 drinks before bed enough?  Another drink would push us into a possible middle of the night pee-sheet situation which I am not fond of at all.  And that is how you get from water-breaking to water-boarding in just 3 short years.


Everything's normal here 

Working on holding up 3 fingers.
So proud of herself.

It's a good thing they're cute.  Maybe we'll keep them another year.

Comments