Jed Turned 42 or 41

Jed had a birthday.  Can we just all agree any birthday past kids just isn't as fun as pre-kids?  And really who keeps track of their birthday past 21?  Or past 25?  You can rent a car at 25.  Or past 30? Or any age after kids?  I mean really?  Not necessary.

I thought I was killing Jed's birthday with a couple of thoughtful presents from me and the kids.  A new Brewers hat he wanted (which was Hayden's idea) and a light up globe from The Boys and a barrel of cheesy poofs from Ham who INSISTED Daddy wanted them...he did not and Ham is still working on eating the barrel.  And there was an ice cream cake which I know he likes.  I thought I bought the DQ kind with the yummy fudge crumble in the middle but instead it was a crumbly oreo like middle that he pretended to like and the kids hogged like crazy.  But that's beside the point because he looked at the cake and said:




Jed:  That's great, but I'm 41.
Me:  What?
Jed:  I'm 41.
Me:  Are you sure?
Jed:  I'm pretty sure I know how old I am.
Me:  Do you know how old I am?
Jed:  Not 40?
Me:  Exactly

WTF??  I thought he was 42.  Seriously.  And here's the reason why.  It's because every birthday after kids doesn't matter.  And I think I'm 40.  I am not.  I know that every year Jed is 1ish year older than I am.  So if I'm 40 and he's 1ish year older then he is 42.  Right?  My math was not right because I am not 40.  I know this seems like selfish math but nonetheless it is wrong math.

Here's Jed and the kids, well, the ones who cooperated.


Cake for breakfast on his 42nd birthday.  Or 41st.  Who knows.

Comments