2 Month Picture Dump Part 1

It's been 2 months since my last post so I thought I'd do a picture dump to show what we've been up to.  Then I decided that there were too many pictures so this will be a 2 part post.

This is what it looked like 1 months ago right now:



The kids were happy that FINALLY it was snow-people making snow. It only took until April for that kind of snow to arrive.  I feel like they were patient about that.  What a difference a month can make, today was high of 73.  Imagine that.  WI weather is just like MI weather.

After the snow melted, on the first nice sunny day we had I could hear the city wake up.  In winter when we go outside everything is quiet.  Now, as I sit here with the windows open, I can hear the hum of the busy city.  It's not a bad sound at all, it's more like an alive sound.  The sound of people coming out of hibernation to enjoy all the city has to offer.  It's nice.

We survived Spring Break.  10 days off with the kids usually requires planning but this year we had visitors to keep the kids busy.  There was also a basement project that is coming along.  Here's the before:


The washer in the middle of the room used to be on the other side of that HUGE double concrete wash tub.  Not on the side closest to the dryer, that would be too convient.  While I acknowledge and appreciate the fact that we have indoor functioning laundry it was a huge pain in the ass to haul the laundry across the room.  First world problems I know, but keep in mind I do 4 billion loads of laundry a day.  Here's our laundry room today:

Look at all that room for activities!!

Dad framed out the room for a stackable washer/dryer and while we wanted to do a standpipe instead of a wash tub our 65 year old plumbing couldn't handle it.  Bummer, but we weren't going to pay to put in 2 inch to the stack.  After the electricians are done running plugs to the kitchen, which is directly above the laundry, I'll finish the walls.  And eventually put in a bathroom.  I'm super ambitious.

Microwave off the counter finally.
3rd time in my life installing an over-the-range microwave.  Jed and I were prepared for a battle (with the microwave not us) but it went smooth like butter.

This was sort of kind of part of the remodel job.  When the electricians came to upgrade our electrical box we had them install a microwave outlet.  Our 1950's house only had 2 outlets in the kitchen.  When we're done we'll have all the outlets!  All the outlets I say!

On Easter it was nice enough to go to the beach.  We were pretty much the only ones there:



On the first Thursday of the month I took the kids to the Domes.  It's free on that day and 3 out of 4 of my kids were happy to be there.  Take a wild guess who the 1 unhappy camper was:

In the jungle dome.

Then we saw a double rainbow.  First it was a single rainbow but then BAM!  Double rainbow.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  The kids loved it.  Especially the one eating the apple:



It's super faint in the picture but the second rainbow was there.

Stay tuned for part 2 of this picture dump.

Comments