MO Came To WI

Our Missouri cousins came to visit and I think we wore them out.  It couldn't be helped, really.  There's just so much to do here.

On their first full day here we took a walk to the lake to see if it was a good beach day.

Hayden looks like she has to pee because she's had a penny in her pocket that she refused to take her hand off of.

The lake was calm.  So we went to the flat beach.

Hayden, pissed she can't swim

Turns out the lake was not calm.  The waves were too big to swim, it was windy and a bit chilly.  All the kids bitched about the situation.  At one point the kids ran down the beach to disturb a huge flock of seagulls.  As I was half way down the beach I realized the flock was relocating themselves to the other end of the beach where our stuff was sitting.  Were we had left 2 open bags of chips poking out of my beach bag.  When I realized those winged rats were going to go after our chips I hustled my larger than normal behind back to our stuff.  Luckily I got there before the birds caused a mess.  When Martha turned around and saw me running back to our stuff she thought someone had stolen my phone.  The Boys just thought it was hilarious that I was running.

The next day we went to the zoo.


Jed had to work and The Littles needed a nap so I left The Boys at the zoo with Martha.  She took them to see every animal at least once, got them popcorn, took them to the Lego dinosaur exhibit, let them play on The Playground of Death and also got them ice cream.



On the way home Martha asked what The Boys favorite part of the zoo was and they said the popcorn and ice cream.  Of course.

On the third day we took them to both of our favorite playgrounds; the one with the rock and the one by the lake.




For dinner that night Martha introduced us to Chick-fil-A.  The Chick-fil-A sauce, I mean come on.  I have no idea why we waited so long to indulge ourselves in this chicken delight.  The kids want to take Jed there so he can also experience a new fast food wonder.  Plus they liked the playplace.

We had a great time with our Missouri cousins.  We can't wait to visit them next year!

Comments